|Date Posted||June 8, 2018|
A leading civil contractor is currently looking for a Superintendent to join their growing team. They will work on large, high profile, civil construction projects in South Florida.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for all field aspects of the project's budget, schedule and general performance. Develop, monitor and execute the project construction plan and schedule.
* Planning and implementing construction means/methods, schedules, productivity innovations, and site logistics.
* Supervise and coordinate the work of crew ensuring jobs are completed on budget and on time in a safe and profitable manner.
* Practice a "safety comes first" attitude by following CFE, DOT and OSHA regulations.
* Supervise work schedules, manpower, material orders, and equipment.
* Maximize utilization of resources to control labor, equipment, material and other job costs. Oversee subcontractors safety, quality, and schedule.
* Oversee productivity of jobs by working within estimated budget and adhering to schedules and plans; monitoring performance and productivity.
* Evaluate labor, equipment, material and other job costs. Makes adjustments if necessary to correct areas needing improvement. Read plans and understand contract requirements. Identify changes in scope as they arise.
* Coach and mentor staff toward their personal development.
* Complete Performance Reviews timely and provide honest feedback.
* Maintain teamwork with other departments and promote policies and standards set forth by them.
* Comply with CFE, OSHA, DOT regulations and ensure crew member wear personal protective equipment.
* Ensure lost time incident rate and general liability numbers and costs are minimized by maintaining a safe work environment.
* Contribute to and follow the Loss Prevention Plan. Ensure proper accident notification, investigation, and reporting procedures are followed.
* Conduct and/or contribute and participate in safety meetings and ensure daily safety talks are held with crew(s). Ensure crews are staffed with qualified "Competent Persons."
* Ensure timely and accurate submission of required paperwork (i.e., line-up, Miss Utility tickets, performance reviews, time-sheets, quantity reports, material tickets, and other field reports).
* Assist in the selection of field site personnel.
* Organize and co-ordinate all subcontractor activities.
* Project close-out; responsible for final inspections, deficiencies, warranty work and site demolition.
Qualifications, skills & Experience:
* 8+ years of experience as a Superintendent supporting the installation of underground utilities.
* Experience with water and sewer infrastructure projects of all types, including water, sewer, sanitary sewer, storm drainage pipelines, pump stations, water and waste water treatment plans.
* 8+ years supervisory experience in similar construction technology, methods, equipment, tools and work practices.
* 8+ years supervisory experience in water, sewer and drainage
* Advanced understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and ability to control and supervise crews.
* Must have a current valid driver's license.
* Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited, lifting materials and equipment (up to 70 pounds unassisted), standing, climbing, walking, or using hands to operate/handle tools.
Why work for this company?
-Been Around for 40+ years
-Family owned and operated
-They treat their employees like family
-Work is always stable and they only hire for careers (not for just projects)
-100% Employee paid health insurance (50% dependent paid after a year)
-Life insurance, 401K, PTO
-Company vehicle, gas card, sun pass, cell phone, ipad
-Opportunity to work on the largest, most high profile projects in South Florida.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.