|Date Posted||May 8, 2019|
We are seeking a Staff Accountant who wants to be part of a team. Our Pottstown client is a medium-sized recycling facility and national demolition contractor. They are well established in the industry since 1888. This position has high visibility with management and will be part of a five-member accounting team.
The Staff Accountant will report to the controller and be responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, developing and maintaining department budgets and generating job cost reports. The successful candidate will also collect pertinent information for third party audits, annual accounting review, conduct P&L account reconciliations. Other responsibilities include general ledger and sub accounts analysis, journal entries for monthly closing as well as variance analysis and other special projects as assigned.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payables and receivable.
- Ensure proper allocation of revenues, credits, and adjustments.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Support month-end and year-end closing process.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
- Work with controller to coordinate the preparation of Reviewed Financial Statements annually with outside CPA firm.
- Prepare work papers supporting the trial balance provided to the CPA firm.
- Complete assigned reconciliations and understand all account balances.
- Management and execution of weekly open items.
- Report on variances with detailed timely information.
- Maintain all accounting files and records on each project.
- Job cost reporting for Project Managers.
- Maintain subcontractors W-9’s and workers comp certificates.
- Help prepare year-end tax returns including adjusting entries and general ledger accounts.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.