|Location||Miami Lakes, FL|
|Date Posted||September 7, 2018|
The Sr. Project Manager will be responsible for providing coordination and management for construction projects. The Sr. PM will coordinate with internal departments, vendors, contractors, and designers to construct a project on time and within budget.
Manage all aspects of mechanical (fuel) related projects, including installation, modification and demolition of bulk fuel underground/ tanks and piping, hydrant fuel piping, hydrant pits, drain downs, pigging, flushing, and civil related aspects of projects, including concrete demolition and placement and dewatering;
* Manage the construction workflow process starting in the project origination phase, to include estimating, negotiation, contracting, buyout, construction administration, financial management and closeout;
* Meet with owners and clients to determine project requirements, manage client satisfaction, and take immediate action to respond to problems and concerns;
* Visit project worksites, clarify scope of work, and prepare cost estimates and proposals;
* Manage project field work within the construction baseline scope, budget and schedule;
* Establish, monitor, communicate and maintain project schedules utilizing contemporary scheduling software;
* Develop and implement strategies to self-perform and to outsource the various aspects of a project to achieve the projects objectives of price, schedule and quality;
* Negotiate contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders to assure that all project goals are being addressed;
* Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions;
* Conduct and document project progress meetings;
* Determine and implement the appropriate level of project control (i.e.: submittal logs, change order logs, etc.);
* Manage project costs to ensure budgets are maintained. Document and manage changes in the work to ensure the interests of all stakeholders in the project are reasonably met;
* Ensure all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place;
* Administer client-specific programs, such as CQC, Safety, Environmental Stewardship, etc.;
* Provide timely and cordial interaction with supporting work groups, such as accounting, HR, and other internal support groups;
* Ensure safe construction operations, quality of work and financial success;
* Develop and manages project metrics, production rates, productivity, etc;
* Manage site resources and ensures adequate staffing;
* Determine equipment needs and when to lease, buy or use in-house equipment;
* Identify and manage changed conditions;
* Manage subcontractors' and vendors' performance and reporting;
* Develop the necessary scopes and requirements for the procurement and development of subcontracts and purchase orders;
* Prepare construction execution plans;
* Develop construction sequences
* Over 10 years of as a Project Manager in the Construction Industry, working on related projects (jet fuel systems, chemical plants, petroleum refineries, nuclear power plants)
* Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering or Construction Management
* OSHA 30-Hour Construction Safety certification a plus;
* Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of Products and conventional project management software.
* Construction Quality Control Management Certificate from the USACE a plus.
* Project Management Professional Certification a plus.
* Safety Management Certifications a plus
* Exercise sound judgment on details of work;
* Problem solving; ability to think logically; ability to analyze many parts of a complex problem at the same time
* Strong technical knowledge of the construction trades / process
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently or in a team environment effectively
* Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.