|Date Posted||January 9, 2019|
APEX Piping Systems, Inc. is seeking Sheet Metal Mechanics to join our expanding Sheet Metal Division.
POSITION SUMMARY: Fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products and equipment. Operate hand and power tools, as well as a variety of other equipment and instruments to accomplish the physical tasks associated with layout and fabrication of sheet metal projects in the shop, or on building sites and demolition sites.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· You are responsible for your safety!
· Work safely in accordance with the APEX Safety Management System and adhere to all Company rules and regulations.
· Immediately report any unsafe conditions, injuries, illness and near misses or acts to a supervisor.
· Review and understand JSA, permits, site conditions and job hazards prior to starting any work and check that the work to be performed is safe. If work appears unsafe, report to supervisor and do not proceed until conditions are safe.
· Review and understand the job and be physically and mentally fit to perform the job.
· Attend and actively participate in all safety meetings as required including daily toolbox meetings and skill training.
Broad knowledge and experience working in industrial petro/chemical and commercial environments.
Listen carefully to fully comprehend instructions and guidance and ask questions to clarify and fully understand what need to be done.
Set up construction sites and maintain good housekeeping to eliminate possible hazards.
Determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
Read blueprints and perform layouts. Convert blue prints or other specifications to shop drawings when necessary.
Set up and operate fabricating machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal; shaping metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using hammer; operating soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts; or inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of burred surfaces.
Fasten seams or joints with welds, bolts, cement, rivets, solder, caulks, metal drive clips or bonds to assemble components into products or to repair sheet metal items.
Transport, set into position, anchor and install completed assemblies.
Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
Train others in laborer/helper job skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job typically requires work in industrial and commercial petro-chemical plants, refineries, terminals, power houses, mechanical rooms. Working conditions may be hot or cold and require movement in cramped spaces, climbing, crawling, stooping, and reaching. The work occasionally requires the use of chemicals.
CONCLUSION: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.