|Date Posted||November 29, 2017|
About WSP USA
WSP USA, formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. wsp.com.
WSP USA is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated candidate who will be responsible for delivering Construction Inspection Services. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work on the Construction Inspection Services team as a Senior Supervising Inspector for Transportation Projects in the Metro Washington, DC and Northern Virginia Area.
- Inspect and review work in accordance with applicable codes and standards included in the project drawings and specifications,
- Observe the contractor’s work as it is being performed until completion and acceptance of the Project to determine that the permanent materials furnished and work performed are in accordance with all contract documents and approved shop and working drawings,
- Monitor, observe, and report on field quality control and quality assurance tests on concrete, steel, asphalt and soils, etc., as applicable utilizing construction management software such as AASHTO’s FieldManager and FieldBook,
- Prepare daily inspection reports and keep the CM advised of inspection results, particularly items requiring re-work because of quality deficiencies,
- Provide field measurements and assist in compiling quantity reports for payment of quantities and changes in the work,
- Prepare daily work reports (DWR’s) in accordance with the project's requirements, recording and reporting any deviations from contract documents,
- Verify and maintain on a daily basis quantity data for use in processing payments,
- Maintain detailed records of contractor's performance and progress,
- Conduct “receiving inspections” when material is delivered to the Project to verify that the materials received by the Contractor are accompanied by documentation noted by the source of supply and are in conformance with the Contract Documents,
- Work schedule varies according to job assignments and/or contractor schedules, to include significant night work, weekends, and holidays,
- Perform other duties as assigned.