|Date Posted||April 9, 2019|
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of over 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate
GHD is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our team in Farmington Hills, MI. This person will have a pivotal role in the delivery of major initiatives as well as maintaining and growing relationships. This role will oversee projects across a variety of disciplines and throughout the project lifecycle including delivery and handover to the client while strengthening a key client relationship.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- The tender process, design management, contract administration, procurement, project coordination and managing client relationships
- Project and business management support (capability definition, execution of project plans)
- Financial and risk management plans
- Preparation of project documentation and reports
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills including liaison, negotiation, consultation, conflict resolution and leadership
- Business development relating to promoting, positioning and pursuing opportunities
- Leadership in developing projects drawing on the diverse range of GHD technical disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related major.
- 10+ years of relative experience
- Experience in managing multiple engineering projects simultaneously, particularly decommissioning, demolition, decontamination, asbestos, PCB, and related projects
- Previous success in developing both internal and external relationships
- Well-developed report writing and contract administration skills
- Experience in decommissioning/demolition automotive, oil/gas, power generation, chemical, and similar industrial/manufacturing client sectors is ideal
We offer an opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic employee owned company, a professional working environment with career and personal growth potential, flexible hours and competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience in a privately held, quality driven and client focused company.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.