|Date Posted||August 2, 2017|
Why Choose Arcadis:
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.About This Business Line
Arcadis is currently looking for a Resident Engineer 1 for our San Luis Obispo office.
Provide technical and engineering support to the Project Managers and Construction Managers.
• Coordinates with Architect for timely and accurate responses to requests for information.
• Responsible for the maintenance and distribution of current contract plans and specifications.
• Confirms contractor’s maintenance of record drawings prior to monthly progress payments to the Contractor.
• Coordinates with surveying, testing and inspection staff.
• Makes field checks on construction, demolition, rehabilitation, alteration addition or repair projects to determine compliance with job specifications, plans, established College standards, and Division of the State Architect (DSA) Requirements.
• Documents progress of construction, demolition, rehabilitation, alteration addition or repair projects, logging photographs, daily project reports and notes as required.
• Assists in preparing written materials including correspondence, reports, procedures, and guidelines.
• Logs and tracks status of project change order proposals, field orders, and approved change orders.
• Maintains project files and record drawings.
• Logs and reviews submittals for conformance to plans and specifications.
• Assists in coordinating and recording minutes of meetings with project stakeholders.
• Assists in review of submittal procedures, RFI’s and monthly invoices.
• Performs other project support duties as directed.