|Location||Washington CH, OH|
|Date Posted||November 29, 2017|
Cox Paving, a local contractor in Washington Courthouse, OH, has an opening for a Project Manager – Estimator. This role will allow you to work on various types and scale of projects throughout your career. We specialize in earthwork, pipe installation, demolition, aggregate base layers, and paving projects. This will enable you to stay up to speed on new technologies within the construction industry and continuously improving your professional experience. This role provides a great mix of field and office work to help balance out your experience.
Project Manager – Estimator Responsibilities:
- Liaison between company and project owner.
- Reading / Managing plans, schedules, coordinate detailed phases of projects.
- Quantity reconciliation, material buyout, and subcontractor management.
- Verifies that applicable codes, engineering standards and environmental commitments are being met.
- Reviews and approves scopes, budgets and schedules for assignments.
- Work with and supervise/mentor/train less experienced staff to complete assignments.
- Participate in public meetings and presentations.
Major areas of Responsibilities Estimator:
- Execute take-offs for roadway construction projects.
- Bid preparation for construction projects spanning from $10,000 to $3,000,000.
- ODOT (Ohio Department of Transportation) plan reading / blue print reading.
- Administrative and technical management of construction projects.
Project Manager / Estimator Desired Qualifications:
- Minimum Associate degree or professional certificate in Business Management / Construction Management / Engineering or similar degree.
- 2 plus years construction experience (experience in roadway / heavy civil construction is a plus).
- Bidding experience in one or multiple sectors in the market (private and gov't agencies) is preferred.
Project Manager – Estimator Skills:
- Proficient with Primavera 6, HCSS, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office XP (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Diversified knowledge of project management principles and practices in broad areas related to highway, utilities, infrastructure, and earthwork.
- Ability to solve complex issues with limited direction.
Project Manager – Estimator Working Conditions:
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours.
- Capable of meeting deadlines.
- Working outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Willing to field phone calls nights and weekends as needed.