|Date Posted||June 6, 2018|
Orion Marine Group is a leading heavy civil marine contractor headquartered in Houston, Texas. We offer a wide range of services and turnkey solutions in marine construction, design, and specialty services on, over, and under the water throughout the continental United States, Alaska, Canada, and the Caribbean Basin.
The Company’s heavy civil marine construction services include marine transportation facility construction, dredging, repair and maintenance, bridge building, marine pipeline construction, as well as specialty services. The Company’s specialty services include salvage, demolition, diving, surveying, towing and underwater inspection, excavation and repair. For additional information, go to: http://www.orionmarinegroup.com.
Orion Marine Group has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer, in Tampa, FL. This position is accountable for providing project engineering support to the Company. This includes developing bid packages for subcontractors, calculating project costs, selecting suppliers, procuring materials and services, interpreting project plans, scheduling project work activities, providing project oversight, interfacing with project personnel, primarily Superintendents, Foremen and Surveyor, and helping to ensure successful project completion and close out.
- Works with the Project Management Team to ensure the successful completion of on-going or new projects.
- Monitors actual costs and complete current project(s), accounting for materials, services, labor, and other associated costs.
- Develops bid packages for subcontractors.
- Procures subcontractors, permanent materials and consumables, and services from suppliers for current projects as required by project needs.
- Interprets project plans and specifications.
- Schedules project work activities according to plan timelines to ensure timely project completion.
- Provides interface with project team members, suppliers, customers, and others who are involved in project work.
- Ensures that project team members are provided a safe work environment and are knowledgeable of safe work practices and policies.
- Participates in Safety and Environmental initiatives that will contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations and improve existing Company programs.
- May assist in the development of bid proposals for upcoming marine construction and services projects.
- Must be qualified and physically able to drive regular passenger vehicles to visit work locations and job sites.
- All employees, current and former, must maintain confidentiality by not disclosing to others any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information belonging to the Company.
- Responsible and accountable for incumbent’s own personal safety.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of all co-workers and any others incumbent comes in contact with.
- Authorized and obligated to stop work on any task or series of tasks whenever an unsafe condition or situation is anticipated or is observed.
- Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies and procedures, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Reports any and all violations of applicable laws, regulations or Company policies and procedures promptly, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Performs other related administrative and technical duties as may be assigned or requested by immediate supervision (such as certification training, safety training, procedure review, etc.).