|Date Posted||April 12, 2018|
Gerdau is the leading company in the production of long steel in the Americas and one of the major suppliers of specialty long steel in the world. With more than 45,000 employees, Gerdau has an installed capacity of more than 25 million metric tons of steel and it is the largest recycler in Latin America, and around the world, it transforms millions of metric tons of scrap into steel every year.
Gerdau Long Steel North America is a leader in mini-mill steel production and steel recycling in North America, with an annual manufacturing capacity of approximately 10 million metric tons of mill finished steel products. Through a vertically integrated network of mini-mills, scrap recycling facilities and downstream operations, the company serves customers throughout the U.S. and Canada, offering a diverse and balanced product mix of merchant steel, rebar, structural shapes, fabricated steel, flat rolled steel and wire rod.
Gerdau Special Steel North America is an engineered bar producer headquartered in Jackson, Michigan with world-class steel manufacturing mills in Jackson, Michigan, Monroe Michigan, and Fort Smith, Arkansas, and metal processing facilities in Huntington, Indiana, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, Lansing, Michigan, Canton, Ohio, and North Vernon, Indiana.
With engineered steel bar producing capabilities in North America, Europe, Brazil, and soon to be India, the Gerdau Special Steel group is the largest supplier of SBQ engineered steel bars to the global automotive and heavy truck industries.Job Description
Perform a variety of basic to moderately complex maintenance and repair operations needed to keep the facilities, mobile equipment, and production equipment operating efficiently. Perform various activities to include preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and lubrication of equipment. Other tasks to include: minor electrical repairs, hydraulic system repairs, welding, fabrication, and minor demolition.
Please note that this is for a night shift Sunday- Wednesday (with Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off).
Sunday: 12am – 7am; Monday: 8pm – 7am; Tuesday: 8pm – 7am; Wednesday: 8pm – 7amDuties & Responsibilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all established Gerdau Safety, Environmental, and Routine procedures specific to the yard.
- Work requires the ability to critically analysis production problems and make the appropriate repairs or adjustments to meet production requirements. This may require operating the equipment in order to view or listen to the equipment in order to determine necessary adjustments or repairs.
- Repair and rebuild portable power tools, bearings, shaker tables, belt conveyors, and other small equipment.
- Make minor electrical installations and repairs, to include; pulling wire, installing switches, changing fuses, making electrical connections.
- Requirements include; troubleshooting and repair of mechanical equipment, mobile equipment, and hydraulic equipment.
- Perform various welding and torching tasks to include fabrication, demolition, and millwright work.
- Perform preventive maintenance, lubrication, inspections, and adjustments.
- Must have the ability to make decisions with a minimum of supervision.
- Report any defective or substandard equipment or materials to the maintenance supervisor.
- Need to communicate with the operations personnel and be able to interpret the information they provide in order to make necessary adjustments and repairs to the equipment.
- As necessary, train the operation personnel in various tasks, including; lockout tag out, preventive maintenance, lubrication, REC inspection, and troubleshooting.
- Work closely with outside contractors to complete more complex tasks. Insure that contractors are performing tasks in a manner that is consistent with Gerdau’s safety policies.
- Assist co-workers in daily operational duties that are essential to the yard in terms of safety, efficiency, and profitability; as required and directed.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED is required. Post-secondary degree/diploma is preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 3 years in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Some welding and torching experience.
- A working knowledge of electricity.
- Ability to work daily and weekend overtime.
- Medical and Prescription
- Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
- Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Health Advocate Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].