|Date Posted||June 3, 2017|
Headquartered in Lynchburg, VA., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry. BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, VA.; Erwin, TN.; Mount Vernon, IN.; Euclid, OH; Barberton, OH; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWSR, a partnership led by BWXT, is the Decontamination, Decommissioning, and Demolition (D&D) subcontractor at the Bettis Laboratory. BWSR performs the remediation of legacy nuclear and environmental materials on site. The main project areas at the site include remediation of historical research facilities, demolition of buildings, and characterization of site-infrastructure to support on-going maintenance and construction.
This is an exempt position reporting to the ESH&Q/Training Manager. This position will be responsible for leading the Self-Assessment Program, Lessons Learned Program, Training Programs and Document Control.
- Lead Document Control – Ensure all internal procedures, policies, and work documents are placed in the required formats and the records are controlled in a secured manner.
- Lead Training Program – Manage all aspects of the training program from preparing annual training plans, maintain training plans and records, conduct monthly and annual training audits.
- Coordinate the Site’s comprehensive Self-Assessment Program – Provide critical self-evaluation of site performance in the areas of Operations, Radiological Controls, Engineering, ES&H, Training and Project Management. Identify processes or areas that are in need of improvement, and evaluate the effectiveness of previous improvement actions, including development of appropriate metrics. Prepare quarterly status reports for the Site Manager. Perform a semi-annual review of BWSR Audit, Surveillance, and Audit Program (ASAP) program. Prepare site semi-annual self-assessment report for Site Manager’s approval.
- Support BWSR’s Performance Assurance Manager by submitting completed semi-annual self-assessment reports.
- Lead the Lessons Learned Program – Share lesson learned information with workforce and other BWSR sites. Prepare lessons learned report with assistance from department managers. Manage lessons learned database.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis events.
- Perform process improvement events to improve efficiencies throughout the organization.
- Conduct reviews of engineering documents, internal procedures, policies, standing orders, and letters to ensure consistent formatting, grammar, and that the information presented can be clearly understood by the target audience. Provide comments and feedback to the authors of the above documents.
- Support additional assignments by the Site Manager.
Job Qualifications / Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical field with a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience. 14 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree with customer approval.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Construction Health and Safety Technician certification within first year of hire.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills, be self-motivated, able to multi-task and coordinate with several groups.
- Ability to resolve routine questions and problems while referring more complex questions to appropriate levels.
- Proficient in common office software programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email, Presentations, etc.
- Must be able to complete and maintain all training and qualifications required for the position.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.