|Date Posted||May 9, 2019|
This position works under the direction of the Design & Construction – Construction Team Supervisor to achieve completion of either a construction or demolition project in a safe and timely manner.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary: $34,516 annually
- Constructs or installs of items made of wood, metal, sheet rock, concrete, tile, carpet, laminate, reading blue prints, and have the capacity to follow oral as well as written orders.
- Removes walls, ceilings, floors, doors, and other structures or construction related material required in a safe, orderly fashion.
- Responsibility – Accurate record keeping, work records, progress reports, ability to pass on accurate reports to supervisor and the capacity to get along with customers.
- High School, GED or Formal Education Equivalent
- 5 years commercial carpenter experience or related carpentry experience
- Valid AR Driver's License
- Previous healthcare construction experience.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Frequently
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 51 – 99 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Frequently
Taste or smell: Occasionally
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Frequently
Physical Environment: Inside Classroom Setting, Inside Laboratory Environment, Inside Medical Facility Environment, Inside Office Environment, Outdoor Weather Conditions
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity
Hazards: Dust, Electrical, Fumes/Gases/Odors, Heavy machinery, Sharp objects/tools