|Date Posted||March 9, 2018|
Orion Marine Groupis a leading heavy civil marine contractor headquartered in Houston, Texas. We offer a wide range of services and turnkey solutions in marine construction, design, and specialty services on, over, and under the water throughout the continental United States, Alaska, Canada, and the Caribbean Basin.
The Company’s heavy civil marine construction services include marine transportation facility construction, dredging, repair and maintenance, bridge building, marine pipeline construction, as well as specialty services. The Company’s specialty services include salvage, demolition, diving, surveying, towing and underwater inspection, excavation and repair.
For additional information, go to: http://www.orionmarinegroup.com.
Orion Marine Group has an immediate opening for a HS&E Manager, in Port Lavaca, TX. This position is accountable for developing and maintaining programs and policies in the areas of Employee Safety, Accident & Incident Prevention, Safe Work Practices, Safety Orientation & Training, Field Safety Audits, Emergency Response, Risk Management, Workers Compensation, Industrial Hygiene, Fire Protection, Process Safety Management, and Safety Policies & Procedures at the Company. The incumbent is responsible for providing safety management oversight for heavy civil marine construction operations in all geographic areas in which Orion Marine Construction Gulf Coast – Texas has operations.
- Works with management to establish and achieve annual goals and objectives for the Company’s Safety and Health programs.
- Leads in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the Safety Management Program for the Company.
- Initiates corporate safety programs that address Safe Work Practices, Accident & Incident Prevention, Emergency Response, New Employee Safety Orientations, Safety Refresher Training, and Risk Management initiatives.
- Keeps the management informed on safety and health issues and progress toward accomplishing safety goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains a proactive internal safety audit program at all field locations to monitor employee work practices and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and Company safety standards.
- Promotes corporate safety initiatives through leadership and participation in such activities as the Contractor Safety Council, State Chemical Council, and other local, state and federal safety organizations.
- Interfaces directly with the Workers' Compensation Insurance Carrier and participates in the resolution of issues pertaining to Workers Compensation claims.
- Ensures that a new employee safety orientation program is established and maintained at all locations. In addition, ensures that safety refresher training is provided all employees who require it on a regular basis.
- Trains and instructs Foremen, Superintendents, Project Engineers and Project Managers to ensure compliance by field employees with safety policies and procedures.
- Implements safety incentive programs to recognize the successful efforts of employees to improve safety performance.
- Stays knowledgeable about all federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to safety and health issues and ensures compliance in each of these areas.
- Prepares an annual budget and utilizes cost control measures to stay within budget.
- Participates in other Safety and Environmental initiatives that will contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations and improve existing Company programs.
- Performs other related duties as my be assigned or requested by immediate supervision.
- Manages a staff of Safety Professionals to accomplish the above duties.
- Attends weekly Project Manager Meetings to discuss job safety progress and any problems that are currently being encountered.
- All employees, current and former, must maintain confidentiality by not disclosing to others any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information belonging to the Company.
- Responsible and accountable for incumbent’s own personal safety.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of all our co-workers and any others incumbent comes in contact with.
- Authorized and obligated to stop work on any task or series of tasks whenever an unsafe condition or situation is anticipated or is observed.
- Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies and procedures, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Reports any and all violations of applicable laws, regulations or Company policies and procedures promptly, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Performs other related administrative and technical duties as may be assigned or requested by immediate supervision (such as certification training, safety training, procedure review, etc.).