|Date Posted||June 9, 2018|
This position will be responsible to review, evaluate, and analyze work environments and assist in the design of programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent injury caused by physical, chemical, or ergonomic factors. Duties will include, but not be limited to: Assess and evaluate plant conditions for H&S compliance, conduct or manage inspections and enforce adherence to laws and regulations governing health and safety. The H&S Supervisor develops and maintains proficiency in technical matters related to Safety and Industrial Hygiene with a focus on air sampling and noise monitoring.
Successful candidates will possess the ability to work with individuals from varied backgrounds, skills, and education levels to complete projects in an efficient and organized manner.
- Monitor the activities of the Plant Nurse as needed
- Perform field audits of all personal protective equipment in use in field.
- Perform atmospheric monitoring of all work areas and record results appropriately.
- Audit safety performance of all employees including all reporting forms and audit sheets.
- Work with supervision to develop and implement Job Safety Analysis and Site Specific Rescue Plans for each job.
- Assisting in the review and update of the Air Sampling Plan (ASP)
- Assist in the leading of the plant safety program and drive positive safety culture.
- Take regular noise level readings in plant areas as required.
- Inspect and maintain a log of all emergency response equipment and operational status.
- Must be familiar with all hygiene related equipment and assist in maintenance of such equipment.
- Assist with reports and statistical analysis of Health and Safety data for corporate review.
- Attend, complete, or conduct training or programs related to safety and employee wellness.
- Conduct ergonomic assessments and implement corrective measures to reduce ergonomic injuries.
- Conduct new-hire employee safety orientation.
- Assist with incident investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action planning and execution.
- Maintain and work within department budget. Support plant financial objectives.
- Conduct mandated employee health and safety training programs as required by the Health and Safety Training Matrix, such as Hazard Communication, Lock Out/Tag Out, Confined Space Entry and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Serve as the leader of plant monthly safety committee.
- Direct and calibration and maintenance of Air Sampling equipment
- Collection of air samples in line with an established ASP.
- Submission of samples for analysis in accordance with established procedures.
- Recommend sampling methods, strategies and help establish priorities.
- Assist in the investigation of employee complaints related to health and safety.
- Provide assistance to the engineering team for new manufacturing process, construction, demolition and renovation activities.
- Review and approve sampling procedures, records, and data prior to sample submittal.
- Receive, approve and interpret Industrial Hygiene results