|Date Posted||March 12, 2018|
Performs skilled plumbing & carpentry work, and minor electrical work, related to the general maintenance responsibilities of the General Building Maintenance Section.
- Performs carpentry work in the installation, maintenance, and repair to interiors and exteriors of buildings and components.
- Renovates offices, constructs ceilings, paneling, partitions, and installs floor tiles and building fixtures.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs a variety of plumbing fixtures and equipment.
- Installs and performs minor repairs to electrical fixtures and reports malfunctions.
- Mixes and applies paint to various surfaces using brushes, rollers, and spray guns.
- Performs spackling, plastering, wallpapering, and cement assignments.
- Conforms to safety rules, regulations, and practices as established by WSSC, OSHA, State of Maryland.
- Reads and interprets Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP) and Architectural diagrams, drawings, sketches, and specifications.
- Inspects and/or repairs leaking or damaged roofs, rain gutters, and downspouts.
- Performs demolition work in the removal of walls, ceilings, and other building components.
- Installs, dismantles, and changes tumblers in locks for doors, furniture, pad locks, desks, etc. and makes keys; installs and adjusts doors, door hinges, and other door related hardware.
- Performs plumbing work in the installation, maintenance, and repair of plumbing systems in buildings and on equipment.
- Performs basic repair and inspection work assignments through and with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Occasional snow/ice removal duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Environment And Physical Demands
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Good knowledge of the standard methods, practices, and procedures of the carpentry, plumbing, and painting trades and necessary safety precautions.
- Ability to operate and maintain hand and power tools common to the building trades.
- Skill in the interpretation of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and architectural drawings, sketches, and specifications.
- Ability to recognize and control job related physical energy hazards and utilize appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
Minimum Education, Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of experience as a Building Maintenance Technician.
- Completion of an apprentice plumbing or carpentry program.
- 1 year of experience.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with no more than 4 points.
- Commercial property maintenance experience.
$18.15 – $30.87
Posting Detail Information
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Commission to select new employees and to promote current employees without regard to race, sexual orientation, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, or handicap. The Commission does not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability and will make reasonable accommodation for any disability that does not result in undue hardship for the Commission.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants