|Date Posted||April 12, 2018|
LafargeHolcim’s Lordstown Landfill, called Lordstown Construction Recovery, Inc., is Ohio’s largest and best operated construction and demolition material (C&D) disposal facility. It surpasses many of the engineering requirements of the Ohio EPA and incorporates much more than the minimally required operating standards as well.
- All employees at the landfill will be trained in our safe landfill practices.
- All employees will wear full personal protective equipment (PPE) which is at a minimum: safety/dust glasses, bright green reflective vests, gloves, steel toe/puncture resistant boots. Hearing protection when required.
- Operate an excavator with grapple. (current model used is a Cat 330D MH)
- Have the ability to train and qualify on all other landfill mobile equipment (dozer, road grader, loader, compactor and/or locomotive)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Employees must be able to bend, twist, and lift material up to 75 lbs. If heavier than 75lbs a two man lift must be used.
- Employee must be able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Participation in Safety meetings is required.
- All employees must work safely and follow all safety guidelines.
- Ability to productively empty railcars with an excavator without doing damage to equipment.
- Inform management if hazardous material is identified.
Education and Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Drivers License
- Must be able to perform all of the duties as listed above
- Willingness to participate in training programs
While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to travel throughout the work site i.e., walk over obstacles, climb hills and ladders, lift heavy or awkward material, wear personal protective equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, fall protection, respirators etc.), work in outside weather conditions with exposure to extreme cold and heat.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to effectively and safely operate equipment