|Date Posted||April 9, 2019|
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of over 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate
GHD is growing, and is seeking an Environmental Scientist to join our team at our Farmington Hills, MI office.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Building materials sampling (asbestos materials, painted surfaces, structural components, concrete, oils/lubricants, etc.)
- Contractor oversight during Decommissioning and Demolition of manufacturing and commercial facilities including asbestos abatement oversight, PCB, mercury, and other hazardous materials remediation oversight
- Provide environmental support services doing decommissioning and demolition projects such as air/dust monitoring, mercury monitoring, and health and safety monitoring
- Data compilation, analysis, and visualization
- Preparation of technical reports for submittal to clients
- Preparation and implementation of Site-specific health and safety plans
- Travel to project site across North America – Up to 20-40% overnight travel
- B.S. in Engineering or comparable degree program
- 0‐4 years of experience
- Preferred experience with construction and demolition sites with an understanding of inherent safety concerns
- Preferred experience in a manufacturing setting with an understanding of applicable regulatory and safety requirements
- A general understanding of TSCA and RCRA Federal Regulations
- Willingness to travel as necessary across North America – up to 20-40% overnight travel
- Ability to perform physical demanding work with the ability to lift 50lbs.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Current OSHA 40‐hour HAZWOPER is a plus
- Current OSHA 30-hour HAZWOPER is a plus
We offer an opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic employee owned company, a professional working environment with career and personal growth potential, flexible hours and competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience in a privately held, quality driven and client focused company.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.