|Date Posted||June 3, 2017|
Headquartered in Lynchburg, VA., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry. BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, VA.; Erwin, TN.; Mount Vernon, IN.; Euclid, OH; Barberton, OH; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWXT TSG provides a broad range of management, operational and technical services to the federal government and industry. Among the primary customers includes the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), Department of Defense and other nuclear and industrial partners. With exceptional leadership, extraordinary safety culture and dedicated employees, BWXT TSG delivers products and solutions to nuclear operations and high-consequence manufacturing facilities.
Engineer of Radiological Work Manager – BWSR (BWXT Nuclear Services Group) – West Mifflin, PA
BWSR, a partnership led by BWXT, is the Decontamination, Decommissioning, and Demolition (D&D) subcontractor at the Bettis Laboratory. BWSR performs the remediation of legacy nuclear and environmental materials on site. The main project areas at the site include remediation of historical research facilities, demolition of buildings, and characterization of site-infrastructure to support on-going maintenance and construction.
The Engineer of Radiological Work Manager reports to the Engineering Department Manager and is responsible for:
- Leading an engineering team responsible for project performance, mentoring junior engineers as necessary.
- Directing engineering participation in the Project Management team including coordinating and sequencing project engineering activities and assignments.
- Reviewing and approving engineered technical written instruction that implement radiological and environmental controls, waste management instructions and safety standards to execute various scopes of work performed on site
- Overseeing the development of technical evaluations that introduce techniques/equipment that make current scopes of work more efficient.
- Maintaining knowledge of technical requirements applicable to the project and maintaining project-related documentation while preparing required reports.
Job Qualifications / Requirements
- B.S. in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil/Structural, or Environmental preferred) with a minimum 5 years of experience in an engineering field.
- A minimum of 3 years first-line manager experience with the ability to lead and mentor an engineering team is highly desirable.
- Prior Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in radiological or environmental D&D is a plus.
- A Professional Engineers license is a plus.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “L” security clearance.
- The ability to obtain and maintain radiological qualifications, including the ERW qualification, in the Naval Reactors Program.
This position is eligible for relocation assistance.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.