|Date Posted||July 9, 2019|
Leverage your estimating expertise with a leading contractor that is known in the industry for top quality! This is an opportunity for an experienced estimator to join one of the largest, most respected demolition contractors that takes on high visibility projects such as the removal of the old Bay Bay Bridge, Candlestick Park, and the Sixth Street Viaduct Bridge in Los Angeles.
Your contributions will be rewarded with excellent pay, an incredible benefits package, and a positive culture based on teamwork and respect for employees.
Our client is looking for a detail-oriented Earthwork Estimator in the Oakland, CA area.
In this role, you will prepare cost estimates by analyzing requests for proposals and reviewing bid instructions, blueprints, specifications, and related bid documents. Excellent communication skills and an ability to build relationships is a must.
As a member of the estimating team, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation – DOE
- Car Allowance and Gas Card
- Excellent benefits package – Including employer paid health premiums for employees and families, HSA, FSA, and a 401k with match and profit sharing
- Generous PTO and 9 holidays
- Company reputation
- Top-notch culture – Based on the company’s core values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, appreciation, innovation, and perseverance that are fundamental to the company’s culture.
- Interesting projects –The organization has proudly worked on the Bay Bridge, Candlestick Park, Sixth Street Viaduct Bridge, Carquinez Bridge Approach Ramps, Warren Hall, and Bank of America Clock Tower Building demolition projects, among many others.
- Family owned and oriented company
- Stability – The company has been in business for 20 years and continues to grow.
- Commitment to safety
Please click Apply or email your information to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Apply now!
- Acquire understanding of the requirements of the project at hand.
- Attend job walks, perform quantity takeoffs.
- Review all bid documents.
- Perform a risk analysis.
- Prepare detailed proposals for submission to clients.
- Request and evaluate sub bids.
- Strong understanding of industry practices, processes, standards, technology, equipment methods, cost controls, schedule, etc. and their impact on projects.
- Foster effective relationships with key vendors, subs and clients.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Display excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills.
About the Company: Our client is an industry leading contractor providing a full spectrum of demolition and excavation services to private developers, general contractors, industrial and public works clients throughout the west coast.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.