|Date Posted||January 10, 2019|
Imperial Crane is a family owned and operated business servicing the construction industry since 1969. Imperial Crane has grown to be one of the largest locally owned full service crane companies in the Midwest with headquarters in Bridgeview, IL and additional office locations in LaSalle, IL, Whiting and Griffith, Indiana, and LaPorte, Texas. Imperial serves a variety of industries including: commercial, demolition, heavy industrial, refinery, wind turbines, turnarounds, and power services.
Imperial Crane Services, Inc. is seeking someone with experience in trucking industry, and dispatch functions at our headquarters in Bridgeview, IL.
● Interacting with customers taking orders, scheduling jobs and dispatching drivers and operators daily
● Responsible for ordering transportation permits using the following systems: ITAP (Illinois Transportation Automated permits), City of Chicago, and Oxcart Permit System.
● Assist other dispatchers in daily activities and duties including answering overflow calls and job coordination.
● Responsible for generating daily scheduling of cranes, trucks and labor force
● Handle calls from customers and employees
● Familiarity with ITAP (Illinois Transportation Automated Permits), City of Chicago Permits, and Oxcart Permit System
● Must have experience and an understanding of maps/highway systems and state truck routes in Illinois and Northwest Indiana
● Acquire routes and permits for over-sized, over-weight vehicles
● File and maintain permits
● Communicates with Project Managers regarding transportation scheduling and changes
● Understanding of labor wage scales
● Distribute jobs tickets and maps to drivers/operators
● Able to sit for longs periods of time and work long shifts
● Able to use phone, computer skills and other office equipment
● Must clear background check and participate in company random drug test program
● Excellent Compensation
● Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401(k), Paid Holidays, and Vacation
Job Type: Full-time – must be willing to work 50 hours per week with the ability to be on call after hours
Minimum of three years dispatch experience. Crane knowledge a plus along with basic software experience
High school or equivalent (Required)
Based on experience, negotiable salary