|Date Posted||June 7, 2017|
U.S. Disaster Relief – Virginia Beach, VA
Operation Blessing International (OBI) is dedicated to alleviating human need and suffering in the United States and around the world. Through core programs of disaster relief, medical aid, hunger relief, orphan care, water wells and community development, OBI has touched the lives of more than 200 million people providing goods and services valued at over $1 billion.
OBI is seeking a Deployment Manager with Construction Experience who thrives in a fast-past high-pressure environment with the responsibility of working with departmental leadership to manage field operations that provide life-sustaining and life-changing relief during U.S. based disasters. The Deployment Manager will provide leadership and management for field staff and operations during disasters. They also will assist with the development of programs and manage new projects within the disaster relief team.
- Provide oversight to our field staff during U.S. based disasters
- Liaison with senior department leadership, local government officials, media, homeowners, community leaders and other disaster relief agencies
- Oversee volunteer operations in the field including demolition, heavy equipment, debris removal, rebuild projects and general volunteer management
- Provide accountability and direct preventative maintenance and mechanical repair on response equipment including diesel generators, skid steers, trailers, RVs and mobile kitchens
- Manage the work order coordination to ensure proper documentation and reporting with the Work Order Coordinator
- Write nightly ministry-wide reports and operational reports that include stories from the field and the media captured by the field videographer
- Ensure volunteer operations run smoothly and volunteers have the necessary materials, supplies and equipment they need
- Conduct daily volunteer orientation, which includes safety briefings and instructions on how to properly gut homes and sort debris
- Communicate and minister to disaster victims, keeping them informed of the team's work and praying with them as needed
- Perform periodic inspection of response equipment during disasters and when equipment is not deployed. Utilize JJ Keller Vehicle and Driver Management Online platforms to provide accountability to our fleet supervisor(s)
- Conduct daily morning & nightly staff briefings, which include devotions, logistics, and personnel management