|Date Posted||January 4, 2019|
Controls Engineer – Wilmington, NC
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Controls engineer to work onsite in Wilmington, NC. While this is a 12+ month position it has the potential to extend to 24 months.
• Electrical Engineering/Technology (Bachelor’s degree minimum)
• Minimum 5 to 10 years’ experience
• Certifications preferred
• Provide electrical equipment designs, schematics, and layouts which meet Corning Machine Drafting Standards on CAD based formats. (AutoCAD 2017, AutoCAD Electrical 2017)
• Provide sketches or redline existing drawings as needed and follow-up with drafting services or oversee draftsmen to resolve design issues.
• Specify vendors and maintain a close liaison to procure and expedite materials.
• Perform troubleshooting, process start-up, design, and documentation of Mechanical and Electrical Systems for new or modified production equipment.
• Analyze and correct equipment installation practices to improve efficiencies, specifically directed toward enhancing installation schedules.
• Create and modify existing documentation to complete drawing packages, installation checklists, machine part lists, illustrations, and machine specs of production equipment.
• Provide third-level troubleshooting support, directing contract engineering techs and trades to replace defective components and execute changes in design and solve equipment/process issues.
• Take personal responsibility for all aspects of supervising and training equipment installation crews including direction and shift supervision during installation activities.
• Supervise and provide direction to contract engineering techs, internal maintenance, and outside contract trades during all aspects of equipment installation and conversion such as demolition, construction, installation, testing, and debug of production equipment.
• Provide training to contract engineering techs, internal maintenance, and outside contract trades on new equipment installation procedures as required for successful execution of installation activities.
• Direct initial equipment set-up and debug up to the point of turnover to operations.
• Strong practical hands-on electrical aptitude (All positions require time on the floor working on equipment)
• Electro-mechanical troubleshooting ability, proficient with electrical schematics
• Motion control knowledge: servo, stepper, DC, AC drives
• Process variable understanding: flow, temperature, rate, pressure, level.
• Thorough understanding of current loops.
• Serial communication knowledge: RS232 / 485, Ethernet, IEEE-488
• Machine control knowledge and understands classical control theory
• Mechanical aptitude
• Travel is highly probable for future projects – future projects may be located at other NC plants
Equipment or software experience preferred:
AutoCAD 2014, AutoCAD Electrical 2014, Windows7, MS Office suite including Power Point, Excel, Word PLC and PC based systems, Beckhoff PLC / Motion Control, B-R Control, Automated equipment systems
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]