|Date Posted||September 4, 2018|
Job Description: Contractor is rehabbing and repairing 2 parking garages, one in Englewood NJ and another in Warren NJ. Under the direction of the Foreman and the seasoned Technicians, candidates will perform any of the following functions on a daily basis:
– concrete demolition; chipping and jackhammer
– moving materials
– assisting with concrete pouring and finishing
– form building
Both projects will start the first week of September and go until the weather is too cold to pour concrete – they will resume work in the spring and would be looking to take back same candidates if available.
Candidates will be assisting primarily with chipping (controlled demolition) using drills, grinders, electric and pneumatic chipping hammers, and basic hand tools.
Candidates Must have steel-toed boots, gloves, glasses and vests to start.
Work Environment: One of the largest concrete repair contractors in the country and specialized in concrete maintenance, preservation, repair, restoration, and rehabilitation.
The company is currently rehabbing and repairing 2 parking garages, one in Englewood NJ and another in Warren NJ.
– Monday thru Friday; 6:30am – 3:30pm. 30 minutes for lunch and a 15-minute break once in the morning and once in the afternoon.
– Structural expects workers to be on site a few minutes early so that work can start promptly at the time determined by the foreman.
– Saturdays are not required but candidates are allowed to work OT on Saturdays if desired
– Long pants or jeans, NO shorts
– Plain, short-sleeved or long-sleeved shirts, NO cut off t-shirts allowed
– Steel toed boots required
– They appreciate hard workers who are motivated and self-starting
– It is a typical "construction" environment but professionalism must be maintained at all times
– Largest concrete repair contractor in the country with a lot of opportunity for advancement.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.