|Date Posted||February 11, 2018|
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position functions as the Civil/Structural Engineer, providing OBO a full range of critical engineering and construction quality assurance and management and technical oversight of the Nicosia, Cyprus CSU. The Nicosia CSU is a $33M, 5-phased project creating an electrical demarcation room, two CACs, upgrading the perimeter wall, installing FE/BR and other upgrades in non-CAA areas of an occupied facility.
• Develops working knowledge of all technical requirements of project
• Provides Quality Assurance for ongoing construction project
• Reviews contractor submittals
• Prepares responses to Requests for Information (RFI) for questions related to engineering
• Evaluates proposed submittal substitutions with engineering implications; makes recommendations to the Project Director
• Coordinates the development of Independent Government Estimates (IGEs) for modifications and change orders
• Reviews and evaluates design calculations and data from an engineering perspective.
• Prepares Monthly Progress Report summarizing project status, with emphasis on engineering
• Other related duties as assigned by the Project Director
• Performing technical inspections of civil and structural work, monitoring the contractor's quality control program, and reviewing project drawings and specifications to ensure compliance
• Ensures that the contractor is performing the required contract work in accordance with the design documents
• Able to read design/construction drawings and be able to understand design narratives and calculations
• Review engineering shop drawings and determine if the contractor has complied with the final design parameters
• Observe onsite construction and determine if construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed properly
• Responsible for performing quality assurance tasks, ensuring contractor's work is properly inspected and corrective actions take place, ensuring materials meet contract, reviewing contractor submittals for compliance with contract requirements, and resolving conflicts.
• Monitor the construction contractor's quality assurance and safety program. Observe onsite construction and determine if construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed properly.
• Monitor construction progress vis-à-vis the project schedule and submit weekly progress reports with recommendations based on the technical review of project documents and field inspections.
• Perform technical inspections of the civil/structural elements of the project.
• Understand and be able to interpret drawings in his/her discipline and have a basic understanding of the principals of his/her engineering discipline and how it fits in with other engineering disciplines
• able to review shop drawings and submittals from the contractor and determine if coordination with other disciplines are necessary in addition to monitoring on-going construction work to identify problems or non-compliance with design or contract specifications
• Prepares construction reports detailing construction progress and identifies any problem with the construction process related to the incumbent's area of expertise
• After problems are discovered, evaluate contractor's proposed remedy. Formulate solutions for the Project Director/Construction Manager
• Work on the rehabilitation site construction will be performed to U.S. standards; should have current working knowledge of acceptable products and procedures
• Review design documents (drawings and specifications) that the A/E prepares as well as perform quality assurance for the construction project in his/her technical area of expertise
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Four (4) year Civil/Structural Engineering degree (Bachelor's or above) from an ABET accredited university and program plus a minimum of 7 years of on-site vertical construction experience (construction phase field activities)
• Your resume must clearly demonstrate this required background
• A Civil/Structural degree from an accredited university in the United States and a minimum of 7 years of experience required on construction projects of similar scope and value to the project supported by this Task Order
• Design office experience shall not count toward an employee's experience
• A Professional Engineering License (PE) is acceptable in lieu of a degree
• Must have Final Secret, Interim Top Secret (TS), or Final TS security clearance issued by the Defense Security Service at the time of consideration
• Knowledge of International Codes required
• Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, and Word required
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Previous overseas work experience is preferred
• Civil Engineer desired to have structural concrete, curtain wall, and demolition experience
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
WORK LOCATION: NICOSIA, CYPRUS (U.S. EMBASSY)
PROJECT DURATION: 30 MONTHS WITH EXPECTED FOLLOW-ON WORK WITHIN THE PROGRAM
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled