|Date Posted||June 12, 2018|
With more than 8500 people across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD is one of the world's leading engineering, environmental and construction services companies. Committed to the success of our clients and the communities in which we operate, we have an ongoing requirement for high-calibre professionals to join our connected network.
GHD has an exciting opportunity for a Civil/Environmental Project Manager to be based from our Phoenix, AZ offices.
The Project Manager will lead and direct project teams to develop and manage small to large scale environmental and civil projects. They will establish client relationships and work within and outside of GHD’s network of clients to develop work. They will ensure deadlines and quality control measures are met, evaluate project work in accordance to a predetermined timeline and budget, consistently align with the strategic goals of the organization and the scope of the
contract for projects as assigned.
- Understand company goals and objectives; connect them strategically with day to day efforts, including project management from the initial development to the initiation stage through to closure for all environmental remediation projects as assigned
- Direct all aspects of execution for projects in accordance with the scope of the contract including pre-bid and proposal preparations, project start up, contract management, resource loading and cost controls, material buy out, subcontractor management, cash flow management and change order negotiations
- Collect information using project control tools to show daily progress status, compile information weekly and coordinate monthly project status reports to communicate progress using the Risk Matrix, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) graphs to control projects
- Analyze physical progress and financial data to generate timely and accurate forecasts that support performance status reporting, including completion dates and financial results
- Establish and maintain effective client relations to achieve active cooperation, prompt payment and additional work opportunities
- Proactively coach, train and motivate project teams; manage oversight of the project team and maintain project requirements for safety, quality, productivity to ensure they are maintained throughout the duration of the project
- Assist with the preparation of bids and proposals, generate, prepare and submit invoices per the terms of the contract for all assigned projects
What We Require:
- 10+ years of experience managing large projects ($500,000.+ USD) environmental projects related to data collection, data management, soil remediation, site preparation, excavation or earthwork construction work or heavy civil construction; mine closure, large scale earth moving, and/or demolition.
- Program or Project Managment experience within the states of AZ, NM and CO.
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering/Science, Construction Management or equivalent related combination of education and environmental remediation construction management experience
- Previous work experience must demonstrate a progressive increase in financial responsibility, supervisory accountability and leadership with a track record of meeting and exceeding company goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively with little or no direct supervision and thrive in a fast paced work environment
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Primavera and MS Office Software Suite
- Relocation to Phoenix, Arizona reporting to our Phoenix, Arizona office.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
No phone calls please and no third party firms. This position does not offer visa sponsorship
To apply please attach your resume and covering letter via the link below.