|Date Posted||May 11, 2019|
Company is one of the most well-known and highly-respected nonprofits nationally and internationally. Working at Company of Omaha, you 'll be part of one of the largest Habitat chapters in the country.
As Chief Development Officer, you will be the strategic leader of combined efforts to drive future growth. Through your guidance, the development team is responsible for raising $9 million annually. You will help the team achieve this goal by cultivating relationships with current and prospective donors, inspiring engagement by advocating for the mission, and helping to create a strategic plan that will guide the team to achieve success now and in the future.
In addition to supporting our Home-ownership Program, you 'll also increase support for our home repair, demolition, and neighborhood revitalization programs which impact more than 150 families each year. As a manager, you will be responsible for motivating and supporting your team as they work to achieve their individual and collective goals. Our managers work hard to empower individuals and remove obstacles so each person has the ability to grow, achieve success, and make an impact on the organization 'all while having a good time in a positive team environment.
- Innovative Development Professional: Someone experienced in multi-channel fundraising efforts with a passion for advocating for the organization 's mission.
- Strategic Thinker: Someone with a vision for the future and a plan for how to get there with the ability to motivate, encourage and to empower others take action and achieve results.
- Dynamic Leader: Someone who takes ownership, is invested in the personal and professional success of the individuals on their team, is excited about achieving ambitious goals, and brings cohesion and vision to their team.
- Manage, cultivate and grow our major gifts portfolio.
- Lead the development and communications teams including staff responsible for corporate partnerships, individual giving, faith engagement, grant management, special event planning, database management, gifts-in kind management, and communications.
- Work with Habitat Omaha 's leadership staff and Board of Directors to help guide our vision for the future while ensuring the organization has the financial resources to fulfill its mission.
What you need:
- At least five years of experience leading a team and proven success in fundraising.
- The ability to think strategically, building the next level of donor engagement, and creating efficiencies.
- Creative problem-solving and multi-tasking abilities with a can-do attitude.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities that get results while fostering a positive work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; comfortable with public speaking.
- A commitment to a collaborative working process, building and maintaining strong professional relationships with colleagues, volunteers, and donors.
- Respect for and willingness to work with people of diverse backgrounds.