|Date Posted||August 3, 2017|
Headquartered in Lynchburg, VA., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry. BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, VA.; Erwin, TN.; Mount Vernon, IN.; Euclid, OH; Barberton, OH; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWSR is the Decontamination, Decommissioning and Demolition (D&D) sub-contractor at the Naval Reactors Facility in Idaho Falls ID and performs the remediation of legacy nuclear and environmental materials on site. The main project areas at the site include remediation of historical research facilities, demolition of buildings and characterization of site-infrastructure to support on-going maintenance and construction.
The successful candidate is responsible to:
- Review plans and procedures, and assists in developing design specifications to ensure implementation of approved industrial hygiene practices.
- Investigates overexposure accidents and deviations from approved industrial hygiene practices, and assists in the implementation of corrective actions.
- Monitors compliance with applicable OSHA standards and local regulations and requirements.
- Surveys, samples, compiles, and analyzes data relating to industrial hygiene, occupational, and environmental health issues.
- Performs field safety measurements and safety evaluations as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Hygiene or related field and 5 or more years of comprehensive senior level experience.
- Professional certification by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain qualifications as a radiological contamination worker.
- A current DOE clearance is a plus. Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE "L" clearance (U.S. citizenship with no dual citizenship is required.)
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.