|Date Posted||January 10, 2019|
A Carpenter is defined as a craftsman with the skill and experience necessary to perform a variety of general construction activities. This position must be able to complete quality work in an efficient manner with little direction.
- Perform tasks on all areas and aspects of construction projects.
- Coordinate with Project Manager and/or Office Staff for material needed to complete work.
- Must be able to lay-out, measure, plan and execute work activities.
- Typical types of work will be: steel stud and/or wood framing, drywall hanging and finish, dropped ceiling installation, hanging of doors, drilling and setting door hardware, demolition. Additional skills a plus.
- May be asked to do material take-offs to assist with estimating and material ordering.
- Read blueprints and follow design specifications.
- Proficient in the use of a variety of both power and hand tools.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Three years of applicable construction experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and has a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Driver’s License preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate vehicles and office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds for 50 feet. Job requires the ability to perform task on all areas and aspect of construction project. Must be able to climb ladders for heights up to 60 feet and crawl for distances of 50 feet.
Work is regularly performed indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including snow, rain, sleet, extreme winds, or ice storms. May be exposed to extreme temperatures, hot and cold, as part of environmental factors. Work may be performed near moving mechanical parts and/or vibration. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles or electrical shock hazards.