|Date Posted||June 4, 2019|
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an experienced Consultant to lead and manage our Geoscience/Environmental Branch in St. Louis, MO. The St Louis office has approximately 85 professionals, is a dynamic work environment, and has averaged more than 30% top line growth over the past 4 years. Within the St. Louis office the Geoscience/Environmental Branch is comprised of nearly 20 geologists, geological engineers, and scientists with an emphasis on remediation in the oil and gas, energy, mining, and industrial/pharma sectors. The successful candidate will be a proven industry leader in the environmental and geosciences field and possess a balanced portfolio of industry knowledge and skills to manage and grow a multi-disciplined operation.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions invites qualified applicants with a Bachelors degree or higher in the field of Civil/Chemical/Environmental Engineering or Geosciences with 15+ years direct work experience to apply for the position.
- Provide leadership in technical, business development, financial and administrative aspects of the consulting business to sustain and expand a successful multi-discipline operation
- Manage a variety of professional consulting assignments in one or more specialized areas of environmental and facilities projects, including site investigation, remedial investigation, remedial design, remedial construction, and decommissioning and demolition services
- Coordination with other operations across the global organization
- Develop strategic plans and financial budgets
- Proven experience and results as a catalyst for business development and growth of similar operations
- Superior communication skills effective with clients, staff and other Wood senior/executive leadership
- Proven ability to recruit, develop and retain new prospects for future growth
- Assure on-time delivery of quality products
- Proven risk management including senior risk/tender reviews as well as providing direction on technical projects
- Serve as senior project manager and/or project expert on specific tasks or projects from time to time
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil/Chemical/Environmental Engineering or Geosciences; Advanced degrees and PG or PE a plus
- 15+ years of role-related experience
- Previous Profit & Loss (P&L) ownership with proven results
- Strong personal commitment to safety
- Experience in successfully advocating and/or negotiating with clients, regulatory agencies and third parties in favor of client positions
- Experience in successfully supporting public meetings, including presenting technical material to non-technical audiences
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Companys driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. web address removed>
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.